Home > Erlang > wx_object patch

wx_object patch

wx_object.erl has had a few problems. I’ve posted a patch to fix these problems. Quoting my email to erlang-patches:

I’ve attached a patch that fixes two issues with the wx_object.erl file.

1) I removed a pattern match in the start functions so that if a server returns {stop, …} in the init function it doesn’t crash with a badmatch error.

2) I added 2 call functions which makes it possible to call an wx_object using the registered name that was used when creating the object. Currently it was only possible to make a call to an object when you have the reference and not by name.

I have tested it in normal cases but I can’t guarantee 100% bugfree fixes 😀
This patch will get anyone going until these issues are fixed (or patch applied) to the release.

cheers,
/Mazen

Until I find out how to attach files to this blog… you can find the patch here: http://www.nabble.com/wx_object-fixes.-td25819342.html

Advertisements
Categories: Erlang Tags: , ,
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: